Sunday 10 May 2015

Chilling out and relaxing in the cold

Sunday was Mothers Day in Canada. My Mother's Day gift was me being there. Quite a thoughtful gift I thought. The day started with a nice fry up with the family all sat round enjoying bacon, potatoes and nice bread. My brother did most of the cooking but I helped a bit. We spent the day outside in the sunshine whilst my nephew played in his new paddling pool and I helped Robyn do a spot of gardening. It stayed sunny and then suddenly you could hear something that sounded like rain on a taupalin. Then the heavens opened and it poured down. Absolutely poured down. Robyn hid in Owens Wendy house. This wasn't just rain, this was uber rain. The BBQ was on as we were going to do the joint on it, so that was steaming. A break in the rain allowed for us to get the roast out and then my brother periodically checked on it whilst standing under an umbrella. It was a delicious roast. I highly recommend BBQ roast. Very moist and tender.

Monday and Tuesday the weather has started off as cold wet and windy. We headed to Oakville on Monday which is on Lake Ontario. But it was so misty we could hardly see anything. Also the lighthouse was crawling with bugs. Owen suggested we make thunder cake which was in one of his books. It was lush. Yummy chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. We also played with my brothers new walkie talkies and on one of the frequencies was someone else - sounded like they were talking about a stool!!! Tuesday we have headed to Fergus and again too cold so been sat chilling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment