Saturday 9 May 2015

Craft with love

Friday morning was spent with Robyn. We went out and bought Booster Juciers (smoothies) before heading to the nail bar to have our nails done. I have a very nice set of green shimmery shellac nails. Quick manicure and got to watch a chick flick at the same time. I felt very Canadian drinking my smoothie having my nails done. After that we ran a couple of errands before heading back to the house. Robyn had a busy day ahead making up mother day boxes and bouquets. She was making soy candles and they looked good. My parents and I headed out to Rockwood park. It's referred to as the Beach and it does have a little beach which you can hire a canoe on and go paddling in the lake. We decided to follow the trail round the lake and we saw some interesting trees, a gorgeous waterfall and some beautiful foliage. I took loads of pictures which I'm going to sort out when I get back to England. I loved the waterfall at the dam. It was a hot day again and we did stop at the dam and had a little rest. We saw some geese having a littl punch-up at each other and there was a gorgeous shot that I missed. The two geese took off at the same time and the splash of water caught the sunlight and it looked amazing. But wasn't ready for with the camera. There was one route called Pothole Trail and some of the potholes were 1100 years old. No one complaining about the potholes there then ( think pothole means something different in Canada) . We are hoping to head back before I head home. The evening we had a nice salad and then mum and I headed to Stone Rd Mall and spent an hour there as I tried to find a summer dress due to the heat. Found one and bought a belt or two. What amazed me is it was 9pm and I was so warm I was in a strappy top. I rarely feel that warm. 

Saturday has been a crafting day. Robyn's parents came over for the weekend. My parents and I had headed into down town Guelph for lunch and when we got back they had arrived. Robyn's mum Darcy has a pottery business and she brought some clay hearts and paints and we sat and painted hearts and added diamonte and beads and ribbon. It was great fun. My nephew loved it. I have taken pics of the fruits of our labour and there is a lovely mixture of stuff. Everyone was so creative. The evening we have just been chatting, catching up and mum and I have been looking at train and bus times to visit Toronto. Tomorrow I'll look at where else I want to visit and how to get there. Bus schedules aren't the easier to read. And the train doesn't run all the time - makes our public system schedules look amazing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment