Sunday 14 September 2014

Back in the week...

Wow I haven't been posting on my blog for ages. Well luckily I can say it's cos I've been busy rather than I couldn't be bothered. Let me do a run down over the last week and then my blog will be back on track

Thursday 4th sept

Got picked up by Jenny and we headed over to the hotel for Lacey's wedding the following day. We took a bit of a detour as I lost my sense of direction and we missed a couple of the directions with the sat nav so we possibly didn't go the direct route but it was fun plus we got to go over a cute little bridge for 70p. When we arrive we chatted with friends before heading to bed. Thankfully our single room had become a family room so no need for a sleeping bag and an air bed.

Friday 5th sept

The big day. It was a sunny day and the venues were lovely. Everyone looked like they having a good time. I had managed to forget my shoes but luckily for me most of my girlfriends pack multiple shoes so I had others to choose from. I lasted about 4 hours before I hD to change into my flats. I drank copious amounts of alcohol but luckily for me no hangover :)

Sat 6th sept 

Very tired but as mentioned before no hangover. We all headed home after collecting cars from the venue and stopped on the way to check out the mulberry factory shop. Couldn't really afford anything but it was nice to wonder round and poke things. When I got home I slept some more and did some shopping before eating a large bowl of pasta.

Sun 7th sept

My marathon is getting closer so had to fit a long run in. Went and did 19 miles which I was pleased with. 

Tuesday 9 sept

I tried climbing and bouldering. Yes me I did it! I think I prefer bouldering but I am going to do a beginner course in climbing. If only to learn how to descend gracefully. As it was I would lean back (as instructed), put my hands on the harness (as instructed), place my feet on the wall and start walking down (as instructed), swing and bounce back into wall and then slide down with your back against the wall (not as instructed). The instructor couldn't work out how I was doing it. Every single time. Bouldering was very cool except sometimes I would jump down and forget to let go so pulled my shoulder muscle a bit.

The rest if the week was a jumble of running, catching up with friends and generally being busy (a bit like this week). Sunday was bliss just lying in bed doing nothing. Relaxing and having time to myself. 

I may do a retrospective blog to look back at the days I've missed but for now I'm signing off x

No comments:

Post a Comment